How to clean moissanite jewelry?
- Clean moissanite with everyday household products
- Using a jewelry cleaner
- Using an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner
Moissanite is strong enough to be used in an ultrasonic cleaner, and the cleaner’s vibrations are effective in removing dirt from the stone. However, we recommend not to use this method outside of a jewelry shop, because this may cause the stone to be loose due to the vibration. Jewelers use an ultrasonic cleaner always check for loose stones and tighten them first.
- Avoid using chemicals: When cleaning, avoid using harsh chemicals such as household detergents, cosmetics, hairspray, and chlorine. Although they do not usually damage moissanite directly, they can increase the build-up of dirt and reduce the fire of moissanite. Also, please do not wear moissanite jewelry in the shower, since the bath products such as shampoo, also belong to chemicals.
- Avoid storing with other jewelry: Moissanite is very hard, and can scratch other softer stones and metals. It is best to store moissanite jewelry in a separate pouch or compartmentalized jewelry box.
- Avoid violent impact: Moissanite can withstand strong knocks, but that does not mean it cannot be broken. There is a risk of shattering if it is struck hard. Avoid wearing your jewelry for sports, hiking, gardening, etc.
Other things you may care about:
- Will moissanite become hazy?
- How often should I clean moissanite?
There are no rules stating when moissanite should be cleaned. You can clean them every two or three months, or whenever you notice that the moissanite looks stained.